We want to make sure that everyone posting on the forums has a fun and safe experience. Before you start posting, make sure to read the following rules so that you can enjoy your experience to the fullest. Posts and replies that don't adhere to the rules can be deleted at any time, and you can even get taped or banned! So please read carefully.
1) The Whyville forums are protected by the chat filter to avoid any hurtful or hateful language. This filter exists to make Whyville a better place, so please refrain from trying to find ways around the filter! Creative spelling can still get you taped.
2) Please do not harass, intimidate, threaten, name-call or otherwise act or speak negatively towards fellow Whyvillians. Everyone has a right to an opinion, but they also have the right to have a pleasant and intelligent conversation. If you get into an argument on the boards, please act with respect towards one another.
3) Please stay on topic. Over a dozen new boards have been created to make chatting on the Whyville forums even easier, and we'd like to keep the boards free from clutter.
4) Please don't spam the forums.
5) Please don't post personal information such as last names, phone numbers, personal web pages, email and street addresses, etc.
6) Please don't post links to outside sites.
7) Whyville reserves the right to remove any Whyvillian or Whyvillian-created content we judge to be unlawful, harmful, racist, obscene, sexually harassing, or offensive at our sole discretion. We will not be held under any obligation to remove such users or content, however, and cannot be held liable.
If you see someone breaking the rules, or feel you've been harassed or made uncomfortable, use the red telephone icon next to each post to file a 911 report. A City Worker will review your complaint as soon as possible.