Have you ever gone to school and seen those girls with French nails you're just dying to have? Same here but, sadly, in these rough economic times, I personally don't have the money to go out and pay $25 to get my nails done.
Luckily, I know how to give myself a French manicure and you can too.
What you'll need:
- Cotton balls
- Cuticle Oil
- Hand cream
- Nail file
- Nail clippers
- Nail polish remover
- White nail polish (or white french tip pen)
- Sheer pink polish
- Clear base and top coat
- Bowl of warm water
Remove any excess nail polish you may have left over. You can use a cotton ball, or, like I do, tear some strips of paper towels. Fold them into little squares and use them instead.
Soak your fingers in a bowl of warm water for about 10 - 15 minutes.
File your nails and clip them (some say to only file in one direction).
Push back your cuticles. Apply cuticle oil (optional).,
Massage your hands with hand lotion.
Apply a clear base coat. Let it dry.
Okay, time to paint on the white tip (or whatever color you please). I find this the most difficult step in giving myself a french manicure. We can go about this 4 different ways:
1. Paint on the tips with a regular polish with a regular brush and pray you don't mess up.
2. Use a French manicure kit that comes with the stickers to put on your nails so you don't mess up.
3. Another kit, only that comes with a pen.
4. Take a piece of tape, put it under the tip of your nail and paint above it to form the tip instead of going out and spending your money at Walmart for a $9.00 kit (I checked). Let it dry.
Paint over the whole nail a sheer pink polish color. Let it dry.
Paint a clear top coat to finish it off!
Go to school and show off your nails! Get paid to do someone else's nails. Maybe you could even become a professional and run your own nail salon.
Make a statement.
Author's Note: Sources: www.ehow.com