I'm sure you've thought about becoming vegetarian, but couldn't imagine life without meat. I was like that a long time ago, but when I found out the benefits of a vegetarian diet I changed my mind completely. So, here are some benefits and things about vegetarians.
What are the different types of vegetarian?
Vegetarians eat no meat, poultry, or fish.
Ovo-lacto vegetarians eat eggs and milk.
Lacto-vegetarians eat dairy products, but not eggs.
Vegans eat no animal products at all, often including honey.
- Vegetarians live longer than meat eaters by around seven years. Vegans live about fifteen years longer than meat eaters.
- You'll save money by not buying meat and meat products.
- You'll have a smaller chance of getting cancer.
- You'll add color to your plate. Veggies and fruits are many different colors, but meat is usually brown.
- On average, vegetarians are slimmer than meat eaters.
- You can save animals!
- By becoming a vegetarian, you may convince meat eaters to become vegetarian.
- There are so many delicious vegetarian recipes.
- You'll avoid toxic chemicals.
- You'll save your heart.
- Take it slow. Start by not eating meat one day a week, and then slowly raise how many times you don't eat meat every week.
- Don't be scared to try new things, like soy milk, veggie dogs, and veggie burgers.
- Buy a vegetarian cookbook.
- Drink a lot of water. It'll help you flush out toxins.
- Listen to your body. If you're feeling tired and weak, you may not have chosen the right vegetarian diet.
- Don't worry! Vegetarian food WILL taste different, and it takes some getting used to.
I hope I've convinced you to try a vegetarian diet, even if it's only for a month.
Author's Note: Sources: http://www.savvyvegetarian.com/svreports/10_tips_for_becoming_vegetarian.pdf