First off, thanks to everyone who voted me into the top 7, I hope you still feel like voting me into top 3! Today I want to tell you why I would make the best Whyville Senator you've ever had.
Being a Whyville Senator means more than just wearing that splendid wreath and showing off to your friends. It means being a representative for the website, and trying to make Whyville a more entertaining place for everyone.
For those who do not know me, my name is Jason, and I've been on and off on this virtual ville since 2002. You may think this is embarrassing, and yes you are probably right. I typically spend my time at the Sunroof, on the BBS, or designing parts for your beautiful pixelated faces. I try my best to get to know anyone willing to chat, and I'm generally nice to everyone (but we all know nobody's perfect, you might catch me on a grumpy day.) I feel that I have a lot of great and realistic ideas that could help Whyville grow into a more fun and enjoyable site for everyone, so you should read my ideas below!
1) FACE FACTORY- I think we all know that the face factory could use a lot of improvement. Every single senate election for as long as I can remember, people have been trying to push changes for the face factory. Why stop now if the changes still haven?t been made? We could definitely use some new colors in the palate, new brush sizes, and watermark signatures that cannot be copied. I also think it would be great if a designer could save a template for a design they have already created (like a shirt outline) and be able to load it into a new design. This way no outside programs are needed, and you don't need to start from scratch every time you design. A simple 'undo' command could be useful, and an overall 'delete' button that does not delete the entire voucher.
2) STYLE STUDIO- I'm sure everyone has noticed how annoying it is in style studio to go through hundreds of parts by clicking those arrows. It would be great to have a scroll bar instead. I also think both the stylist and the person getting the makeover should be able to see the designers name on the part. The stylist should also be able to dictate which parts are NFS (Not For Sale) with a checkbox.
3) FACE PART STOCK- Designers should have the option to 'publicly' or 'privately' stock a part they have designed. This way, there is the option to design things exclusively for yourself or at least be able to buy your own parts without stocking them for the public to snag.
4) CHAT ROOMS- Whyville should delete some of the chat rooms that nobody goes to. They are only taking up space, and making it confusing for new citizens to know where to go to chat.
5) PETITIONS/POLLS- Petitions do not seem as important on this site to me as they should. I feel that they are often forgotten about. It could be cool to have a feature on the main page highlighting some of the petitions and polls that are current (like how they feature a times article.) This way people will be reminded about the important issues in whyville, and will actually vote.
6) RAFFLE- A Raffle/Lotto could be a fun way for people to earn clams. I know Whyville could be worried about the gambling issue, but if it is advertised as a raffle I don't see any harm. There could also be a segment on the page warning people about their low chances of winning and addiction awareness. I just don't see the harm as kids are allowed to buy raffle tickets in real life at many events. It's also a great opportunity for citizens to earn clams who do now design or wake up early enough to buy and sell new arrivals. With Whyville inflation these days it is a lot more difficult to earn the clams it takes to buy the parts you want.
7) BBS- There are still major issues with the BBS even though Whyville has already made great changes. It seems like many posts are reported for no reason and deleted. I think if a post is reported using the 911 tool, they should actually be reviewed by a city worker or senator and determined whether the post is actually inappropriate or not. This will prevent contest posts from being deleted for no reason out of self-centeredness. It is a free speech zone after all.
8) Y-MAIL- We should be able to save drafts of y-mails. There should also be a 'sent Y-mail' folder. Often I forget what I even said to someone in a Y-mail and am confused about their response because of it. It's a simple change, and would be beneficial. We could also add in fonts, colors, and other upgrades that were currently made in the BBS.
Thanks for taking the time to read my ideas, if you did that is . . .
Have questions about my platform? Feel free to send me a Y-mail!
Good Luck to everyone else running in the election, and thanks to everyone's support.
I appreciate your votes.