Vanilla here, and this is my article on my most favorite thing in life;
music. Music means a lot to me. I listen to music just to get away from
pressures of daily life, to make me feel better, and just to connect with
what the person was feeling at the time.
I could go on and on about what
music means to me, but I think it would mean more to you if you heard it
from other Whyvillians. So, as usual, here are the voices of the people,
and their opinions on music.
I asked five questions:
- What is your favorite type of music?
- Who is your favorite artist/band?
- What is your favorite song?
- What does music mean to you and how does it make you feel?
- Hip Hop, Alternative
- The new one by Snoop Dogg called Da Last Meal.
- It makes me feel dancey, lol!
- Definitely Blink-182
- Dammit by Blink-182
- My music means that I am happy. When I listen to music, it makes me feel
relaxed. I love to lay there on my bed and just listen to tunes.
- Classic and Folk mixed together.
- The Real Slim Shady.
- The song means a lot to me about how celebrities feel. I think the song
is really funny.
- I like pop rock I guess.
- My group right now would have to be Destiny's Child.
- Probably Most Girls or Independent Women.
- I love music! It helps me calm down, relax, or get rid of my anger.
- Pop rock.
- 98 Degrees is cute!
- Give Me One Night! Una Nochez!
- Music is awesome! It??s the CD to your life! It tells how you??re
feeling and what mood you??re in, and it can also change your feelings or
- Pop, but I also like rap and alternative.
- NSYNC, BBMak, or Destiny's Child.
- He Loves Me, He Loves You Not by Dream
- Music can give me an inspiration or make me happy when I'm down. It
means a lot because I listen to it all the time.
Now that you've heard some opinions of everyone else, I'd like you
to hear mine. Personally, I love music. I love to play it, listen to it,
and just lose myself in my own little world of music.
I really love rock. Not really punk rock, but real, solid rock. I like a lot of old
bands/artists that some of you have never heard of like: Badfinger, David
Bowie, Guns and Roses, Supertramp, Triumph, and many others. To me, they
are excellent artists. Some of the old songs are the best, because they
don't have to cuss and use crude statements to sound good.
My ultimate favorite band is Queen. This band means everything to me. I'm more
dedicated to this group than any one could ever be.
Now here??s a little history, lol! Queen was a band that originated in
England in the 1970's. It consisted of lead singer Freddie Mercury,
guitarist Brian May, bass guitarist John Deacon, and Rodger Taylor on drums.
They wrote many hits that you may have heard such as We Will Rock You, We
Are the Champions, Bohemian Rhapsody, Another One Bites the Dust, and
Bicycle Race. Unfortunately, Queen ended when lead singer Freddie Mercury
died of AIDS in November of 1991. However, their music still lives on, and
I try to share it with whomever I can.
I feel you can really find your inner self through a group/artist
that you really like. A lot of times, people??s tastes in music change. I've grown
out of that. Queen will always be my band!
I just want you all to be able
to go and play a CD or cassette tape that really makes you feel good inside
and makes you wanna get up and dance throughout your house. If you find a
sound that you really like, you will live a happier life, hehe.
Enough of that! Get up and go listen to some music! You don't have
to be as music crazy as I am, but I think that you need music in your life. It's
been proven that if you learn how to play an instrument, it can help you use your
brain better. That's a plus!
So, this is Vanilla signing off,
and hoping that you'll find some truly great music, new or old, to listen
PS: Remember my organization, the Whyville??s Charlie's Angels. Read my
article about the WCA in the Times archives!