www.whyville.net Dec 19, 2007 Weekly Issue

Guest Writer

Memories: Christmas Of 06'

Users' Rating
Rate this article

Hello Whyvillians this is Lanegem12 remembering last Christmas, a Christmas I will never forget.

Everything was normal from January 06' - September 06' until in October when everything started. My dad had to go to a normal check-up at the doctor's office. I never thought anything of it until my mom told me that he had heart failure and needed to be put in the hospital. I was heart broken!

After a few days things were pretty much normal again but still never the same. I will never forget the day when I got more bad news, not about my dad, but about my Grandpa. He had gone to the doctor because he kept having pains in his side. Well when we got the results back, we knew our lives were changed forever and we would never be the same. My grandpa was diagnosed with lung cancer. Life got crazy! My life was filled with with hospitals, medical equipment, and more!

In November, my dad was still in the hospital and my grandpa was still sick. At the end of November, my dad got released from the hospital and my grandpa got put in the hospital. My family and I got no sleep, not even a nap! Thanksgiving wasn't a happy celebration.

On December 5th my Grandpa had to get released from the hospital. We had no choice, we would have to rent a hospital bed and take care of him until the end. We put the hospital bed in the middle of my grandma's living room. We had so much equpiment! It was noisy and depressing.

That night my mom took me back home so I could get some rest. My dad had come home from visiting some friends five minutes after my mom and I got home. I noticed that something was wrong with my dad. My mom had to go back to my grandma's house to help out over there. My dad was having chest pain. I was so depressed I just said down and cried until I pulled myself together. I went over to the phone and called my mom and said something was wrong with dad. My uncle and my mom rushed over. My dad was having a Heart Attack. My cousin took me back to my grandma's house while my mom and my aunt went to the hospital to see my dad.

Later I got news that he was ok because I saved his life. If I didn't call my mom in less than 10 mintues he would've passed away. The next morning my aunt came and got me and took me to her house to live with her until things calmed down. I stayed with her for a few weeks. I was in bad shape. I wasn't eating or sleeping!

One day I went back home with my mom. We kept taking care of my grandpa until one morning. My mom and I needed to go to see my dad in the hospital. We went over to my grandma's house at like 6:00 a.m. to say that we were going to see my dad. We said goodbye to everyone and we said goodbye to my grandpa I whispered, "I love you, bye," into his ear. We got to the hospital and we talked to my dad for a bit then we decided to go home.

We stopped by my grandma's house. We had just pulled in the driveway when everyone came running out of the house crying. It was over. My grandpa had passed away just before 9:00 a.m. I was really sad. But after the funeral things got back to normal my dad came home and we got to celebrate Christmas. It was a different Christmas happy but still shocking and sad.

Today, one year later, my family and I are remembering what happened last year. And today December 13th, 2007 is the one year anniversery of my grandpa's death. I still can't believe I got through last year. This year we will all celebrate Christmas in our normal way again.

This is Lanegem12, signing off.


Did you like this article?
1 Star = Bleh.5 Stars = Props!
Rate it!
Ymail this article to a friend.
Discuss this article in the Forums.

  Back to front page